Individual and Couples Therapy
Sexual Difficulties/Sex Therapy: Erectile Dysfunction, Sexual Aversions, Premature Ejaculation, Anxiety-related Performance Issues, Low Libido, Sexual Healing, Sex Addiction or Compulsion, Out of Control Sexual Behavirors, Sexual Relationship Dynamics and Issues (infidelity, poly, kink, open relationships) and other arousal and desire issues.
Stress and Anxiety
Grief and Depression
Physical and Emotional Trauma, Sexual Abuse Recovery
Oppressive or Hostile Work Environments
Work Challenges and Career Changes
HIV and Other Health Concerns
Jungian & Depth Psychology: Dreamwork, Individuation, Typology, Archetypal & Shadow Work
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Supervision & Trainings
About My Practice
I specialize in working with the deeper causes and roots of severe stress, anxiety, relationship struggles, depression, and sexual concerns. I provide a safe, confidential, and secure environment at my office in downtown San Francisco.
My approach is generally ideal for those who have had limited success with other therapies or medical interventions, and who feel there might be deeper or more complex issues involved. Areas of focus include: sexual concerns, anxiety, stress, workplace or career issues, LGBTQ issues, divorce, men's issues, and relationship struggles, among others.
Each treatment is unique and tailored specifically to your needs. We work collaboratively to explore and focus on effective ways to bring you support, new tools, and greater awareness to deal with or overcome difficult situations and challenges--so that you can move forward.
It can be challenging to find the right therapist, so this website has more information, articles, and details about my practice and approach to support your search. I hope you will get in touch.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#102800), California Board of Behavioral Sciences
Registered Psychotherapist (#002365), College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
Clinical Member, Canadian Assn. for Psychodynamic Therapy (CAPT)
Professional Member, American Assn. of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
Jungian Online: List of Jungian-oriented therapists
Senior Executive Leadership, Georgetown University
Executive Leadership Coaching, Georgetown University
Transformational Leadership, Georgetown University
Ph.D., Depth Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute
M.A., Counseling Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute
B.A., Political Science, Penn State University
Additional Trainings, Certifications, Teaching, and Lectures
Served as Executive Director of a large division of the American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy, created and founded a doctoral program in integrative psychotherapy, and served on regional university accreditation review committees...
Served as Clinical Program Director of a progressive mental health agency serving LGBTQ youth...
In the early 90's, as a young staff member at Ogilvy Public Relations, I worked on the CDC's first national public health outreach campaign on the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Also worked on the launch of President Clinton's AmeriCorps public service program...
Worked successfully with hundreds of individuals and couples on a wide range of relationship, sexual, and personal issues.
Lectures & Presentations (partial listing):
- “The Politics of Mental Health Care: Legislative Trends in the US and Canada for the Profession” (Chicago Center for Psychoanalysis, 2017 Conference: Advancing Psychotherapy for the Next Generation, The Chicago School)
- “Myth, Narrative, and Story: A Master Salon for Innovators on Going Deeper, Getting Authentic, and Accelerating Impact” (Seminar for startup companies and tech innovators, Palo Alto, 2017)
- “Archetypal Narratives: Access the Ancient Genius at the Core of Images and Ecosystems” (Salon and lecture for senior marketing professionals, San Francisco, 2017)
- “Conscious and Unconscious Narratives: Tapping the Hidden Stories and Patterns that Drive Life and Work” (Seminar for executives and management consultants, San Francisco, 2017)
- “Cultivating Greater Innovation and Creativity with the Deeper Layers of the Psyche” (Lecture for marketing and brand leaders, Oakland Impact HUB, 2017)
- “Human Stews: Critical Intelligence for Navigating Dysfunctions, Personality Disorders, and Unconscious Conflicts in Teams and Groups” (Seminar for leadership professionals, Palo Alto, 2017)
- “The Power of the Erotic for Professional Life: Tapping the Intelligence and Wisdom of Eros, Longing, and Desire” (Public lecture for organizational development professionals, San Francisco, 2017)
- “Gender & Sexuality: Jungian and Depth Perspectives” (Seminar for training psychologists and psychotherapists, Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2016)
- “Depth Sex & Kinky Soul” (Training Seminar for training psychologists, Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2015)
- “Jung and Sex: Re-Visioning the Treatment of Sexual Issues in Psychotherapy Through an Exploration and Analysis of Jung’s Writings on Sexual Phenomena” (Lecture, Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2014)
- “Psychotherapy and Professional Regulations” (Ontario Assn. for Marriage and Family Therapy Annual Conference Presentation and Workshop, Toronto, 2012)
- “Jung’s Typology & Myers-Briggs” (Ph.D. Graduate Program Lecture, Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2012)
- “Rethinking Opportunities: Professional Regulation of Psychotherapy” (Canadian Assn. for Psychodynamic Therapy Conference Panel, Toronto, 2012)
- “State of the Association” (Ontario Assn. for Marriage and Family Therapy Annual Conference Presentation, Toronto, 2010/2011/2012)
- “Juvenile Options for Lifelong Transitions” (California Workforce Assn. Conference on Youth: Expert Panel on Juvenile Justice and Treatment, Long Beach, 2010)
- “Diversity & Inclusion” (National Home Builders Conference Presentation, Las Vegas, 2009)